Treatment and Counseling
Our in-office psychotherapy program, New Light, is located in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago. We employ highly-skilled and expertly trained therapists to provide emotional support for people with a variety of presenting problems navigating challenges in all stages and walks of life.
New Light assists JPA in funding our numerous other community and schools-based programs. Many of our New Light therapists also maintain a caseload of students in one of our school partnerships.
JPA's schools-based treatment and counseling services strengthen connections among children, teachers, parents so that together they can care for each other and contribute to society.
Full list of schools & services
- Best Practice Consulting, Evaluation, Permanency Planning & Research
- Consultation for teachers and administrators
- Parent Workshops
- Individual and small group psychotherapy
- Classroom group psychoeducational activities
- 9th Gear: a mentoring program to support 8th graders’ transition into high school.
- Connect: an integrated, systematic set of professional development workshops and ongoing consultation meetings for educators
- Connect 2 Kindergarten: a multi-faceted program (for teachers, parents and children) designed to facilitate successful transitions to Kindergarten
- School Partners 2016-2017
Supporting the 8th grade transition to high school through social-emotional development
Integrated, systematic professional development workshops and ongoing consultation meetings for educators
Connect 2 Kindergarten
Facilitating successful transitions to Kindergarten through teachers, parents, and educators
JPA works closely with local agency and community partners. To see a list of local partners and our work with them, please click below.
For educators and school partners
Even the most
successful schools may struggle to meet the emotional needs of some
children. For this group of children,
their emotional needs preclude them from emotional wellness and severely hamper
their potential to relate to others and learn in school. In preparing children
for success, it is becoming increasingly clear that addressing social-emotional
needs has an important place in every classroom and in every school.
Learn more about 9th Gear below!
For child welfare agencies and partners
JPA invests in sharing best practices , in conducting research and in providing training to child welfare agencies and partners to improve the outcomes for vulnerable and traumatized children and families.